Sunday, August 8, 2010

Tool 10: Exploring Mobile Technology And Apps

I do not own or have access to the i-devices. The middle school students use those mainly as music and games sources. The most common Math related app is the scientific calculator. Since the state restricts using calculators for testing at 7th grade I warn my students not to rely on them. I teach and want my students to master computation skills. I expect them to be able to show the process of solving a problem. There is nothing wrong though with checking the answer afterwards.

I have come across the Wolfram Alpha website that is now available as app. It is a very clever and useful data system with the ability to solve equations. That tool would be highly beneficial for college students or teachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment